What’s Your Coverage | Law Offices of Brian J. Mongelluzzo

Aug 29, 2014

Have you ever wondered what happens if you are in a car accident and the person who caused the accident does not have insurance? Perhaps they don’t have enough insurance to cover the extent of your injuries? What if it was a hit-and-run? These are all good questions, but these questions usually come as an aftermath and are not asked before an incident has already occurred. Although it is required in Connecticut for drivers to carry insurance of $20,000 per person and $40,000 per accident, many motorists do not. UIM coverage can provide compensation in the event you are injured by a driver without insurance or with inadequate insurance coverage.

Imagine being hit and severely injured by someone with a minimal policy or no policy at all. In an accident case, there may be multiple sources of insurance compensation. Many people aren’t even sure of the amount of coverage they actually have. It is important for drivers to be educated on the type of policy they have or need. Please take the time to educate yourself on the different policy limits and what may or not be covered under insurance. You can go to Connecticut’s Insurance Department website to get the answers you need.

** If you, a family member, or friend has been injured by an uninsured or underinsured driver in any type of accident, do not hesitate to give us a call to seek the compensation you deserve. Please contact one of our knowledgeable personal injury attorneys at (203) 663-3695**

**The information on website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.**


Ready to Speak With an Attorney?

Reach Out to Our Firm for a Free Case Evaluation!