According to my.carid.com;
- Throughout the past few years, the amount of accidents in America have increased significantly. Each year, roughly 33,963 people die in these car accidents.
- One person dies every 15 minutes. That is 94 deaths each day due to accidents.
- Driving under the influence accounts for about 1/3 of that death rate, or 1 in every 45 minutes.
- Did you know that about 25% of all traffic accidents involve someone using a phone while driving? By talking or texting on the phone while driving, your reaction time is as slow as a 70 year old person.
- Car crashes are the number one cause of death for teenagers in the United States.
- 90% of pedestrians have a chance of surviving an accident of 20 mph or less…but only 50% have a chance of surviving higher speeds.
These rates are projected to go up about 65% in the next 20 years. Let's defy these projections, and put an end to this reckless driving.
There are easy ways to make these statistics decrease. STOP drinking and driving. STOP using a cell phone while driving, AND… bring awareness to teens and young adults.
Are you up for that challenge?
***If you, a family member or friend has been injured in any type of motor vehicle accident, don't hesitate, pick up the phone and call BJM Law. Please contact one of our knowledgeable personal injury attorneys at (203) 663-3695.***
***The information in this article is for general purposes only. Nothing in this article should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. The information is not intended to create an attorney- client relationship***